The Bear Archery Scout Youth Bow Set provides the best starter bow for the younger between the ages of 4 and 7. So today we are going to give details in Bear Archery Scout Bow Set review. For children taking up archery he set includes all the extra necessities. It’s added arrow quiver, sight pin, 2 Safetyglass Arrows, armguard and a finger tab. It still flexible enough for easy shooting. The bow offers durable composite limbs. A shooter can use it for both right and left-handed. It can feature a small enough build and pull for even the latest archer. It’s an awesome tool for young users. The great feature’s of the Scout bow make it unique. We recommend this scout bow for your child.
Feature’s Bear Archery Scout Bow Set review
Bear Archery Scout Bow Set has great features
The draw weight range is from 8 – 13 lbs. Yet, it is not adjustable. That means the poundage can from 8 to 13 pounds depend on the draw length of the children. For some bow hunting parents, the 13 pounds was a bit weak. But, I think it is better to teach the children how to handle a compound bow in a responsible way?
It has not adjustable draw length whose length ranges from 16″ to 24″. That means the Bear Scout can use by children who fall into this range. If the child is older, it makes sense to measure his or her draw length before buying the Scout.
The arrow rest made of cheap plastic. It is, thus, a bit thin. It attached via a tape to the riser. So don’t expect too much from it. The bow is so small that it is hard for the kids to keep the arrow on it while pulling back the string. The kids that are on the weak side may struggle a lot with the bow. They need to slant this youth compound a bit to prevent the arrows from falling down. But, when the hard work with the load at the same time, that is not always easy to do. It has 2 Safetyglass arrows that are 28″ long. The arrows are junk.
The bow is fairly accurate at around 5 to 10 yards. The user should fix the finger rollers on the string with tape. As they tend to slide up and down all the time, making it impossible for a child to nock the arrows in at the same spot. Which is important for getting good results. It can shoot up to 30 yards at targets. Don’t expect much of it on accuracy at that distance.
- Brand: Bear Archery
- Product Name: The Bear Archery Scout Youth Bow
- Model Number: 1004815
- Draw length: 16-24 inch
- Bow length: 33 inch
- Dimension : 37 x 8 x 4 inches
- Weight (lbs) : 8-13 lbs
- Hand: Left and Right
- Colors: Green, Black, Brown and Pink.
- Limb: Durable composite limbs
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds
- Axle-to-axle length : 47″
- Let-off: 60%
- Average Customer Review: 4.3
- Recommended Age: 4-7 years
How to use
- Put the arm guard on the arm which you hold the bow.
- Stand with the body at a right angle to the target. Right-handed will have their left shoulder toward the target. Left-handed simply reverse the instructions.
- Before each shot, be sure the arrow does not have a cracked or loose nock.
- Replace any damaged nocks as soon as possible.
- Place the first finger on the string above the nock point and arrow. Place the middle and third finger around the string under the arrow.
- Release the arrow by relaxing the fingers of the strong hand.
Bear Archery is a manufacturer of bows and archery equipment located in Florida. It founded in 1933 as Bear Products Company by Fred Bear and Charles Piper. The focus was on advertising support work for automotive companies. Fred Bear hired NelsGrumley, a woodworker, and bowyer in 1938. The company expanded to offer hand-made bows. Fred Bear sold the advertising option of the Bear Products Company in 1940. The archery business named Bear Archery since then.
The bow set is the right tool for the 4- to 7-year-old children. The package includes the following items:
- Scout Youth 33” bow
- 2 Safetyglass™ Arrows
- Arrow Quiver
- Finger Tab
- Sight Pin
Pros & Cons of Bear Archery Scout Bow Set
- Very affordable
- Nice design.
- Easy to handle.
- Suitable for the kids.
- Settings for both left and right-handed shooters.
- Comfortable shooting experience.
- Small in size.
- Cheap accessories
- Very low-quality instructions.
Ask and Answer
1. What is the bow made out of?
Answer: Fiberglass and Plastic
2. Does it come with a quiver?
Answer: Yes, there is a quiver with it.
3. What size arrow does it require?
Answer: We recommend an arrow with a small length of 26 inches.
4. What is the average distance this bow will shoot(speed and distance)?
Answer: The average distance of the bow is 30 to 50 feet.
The Bear Archery Scout Youth Bow Set is a magnificent archery. It’s a great starter set for the new archers. The quality of the product is very nice. The inclusive set is a great deal for its price. The small size is ideal for the children around the ages of 6 to 8. Yet, The younger could potentially also get a good deal of use out the set as well. The durable frame and safe shooting will help the younger to get a safe archery experience.